The future of Tonkawa and the area is directly affected by the quality and voluntary contributions of its leadership. Recognizing the need to develop these leaders who have an understanding of our community, the Tonkawa Chamber of Commerce offers the program "Leadership Tonkawa."
The goals of the program are to:
1) Seek out and train persons for voluntary resonsibility in the community.
2) Challenge these leaders to increase their involvement in community affairs.
3) Provide practical information concerning community problems and issues.
4) Establish communication among emerging and existing leaders of the community.
The areas covered during the program are:
1) Organization/Motivation/Group Dynamics/Ethics
2) City/County/State Government
3) Education (Elementary/High School/Vo-Tech/NOC)
5) Health & Human Services/Public Affairs